Saturday, December 10, 2011

Watercolors!!!

Hooray! No more acrylics! (although, as usual, we switched mediums just as I started feeling like I was getting the hang of the previous one...)

We started with an exercise where we crumpled up paper, pinned it to the wall, and then used it as a still life of sorts. I liked finding color in the supposedly white piece of paper against a white wall. Then we did some little observational paintings from the landscape. We were supposed to pick specific things and paint them (without context or anything) so some of them ended up looking a little abstract anyway. Then we did some still life paintings and then we duplicated some photos from magazines. I like watercolors. Granted they can be very difficult to manage (they just like doing their own thing), but I think they are fun.

(PS: My scanner does NOT like watercolors. So, these are a lot better in real life I promise!)




Featuring: The Mountainside, and Some Plants




Featuring: A Branch, Leaves in a Puddle, and Pile of Stones (that sounds like it could be a band name)



...yeah... I really can't stop drawing figures. I think it's pretty easy to see where my interests lie! (This is a girl in my class who was painting landscapes. Like we were supposed to be doing. And no, she didn't know I was painting her... until we had to display our work for the whole class to see... haha)






For this one I decided to paint the same still life a second time using a more stylized approach with harder lines and more separate color blocks.




These next three are the magazine photos.




An ocean landscape...




Tomatoes! :)

Which of course make me think of this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment