Monday, November 4, 2013

Illustration 2: Oil Painting (mid-semester update)

Here are the two paintings I have done since the last post!  Unlike Figure Drawing, each painting takes at least three class periods, so I don't have very much to post in my updates.

We have started the figure unit which is exciting! Because I love the figure!  But also kind of scary and worrisome, because I'm afraid that mixing painting into figure drawing is going to make me doubt myself in/lose the one part of art about which I'm truly confident.  Oh well!  As I've said before, it will be a good learning experience and I do want to be able to do figure work in different mediums.

The other painting is for an assignment where we had to create a still life and painting that represents a person/personality.  I haven't quite finished it yet, but any guesses as to who it is? :)


I decided to try being a little more bold and experimental
with color than I usually am-- I liked the result!


No comments:

Post a Comment