Thursday, March 5, 2015

Head Painting: Week 7 (aka Out-of-class Assignments)

Two weeks ago we had some guest artists come and lecture or do demos during class, so we didn't get any painting done ourselves.  But the artists were great!

Instead, I worked on the the three out-of-class paintings we had to do for our midterm.  We were supposed to use three specific palettes/techniques with each one.



The first one was done with only white, burnt sienna, and ultramarine blue.  I had a tricky time re-figuring out how to make this limited palette work.




The second painting was done with the "Zorn" palette (white, black, cad red, and yellow ochre).  After using this palette several times in class I feel like I was a little more comfortable with it.




The requirement for the third one was that we were supposed to paint it in black and white first, and then glaze the color over the top of it.  I've never attempted glazing before and had to youtube some demos to see what the heck I was supposed to do!  It was rough, but now I have a little experience so my next attempt should be better!





No comments:

Post a Comment