Thursday, March 22, 2012

Candle Girl: Long-term Photoshop Practice

I started this piece as an exercise in realism and color months and months ago. I was planning on it being a rather lengthy project but I forgot about it after a while. I remembered it and finished it up in the last couple of days, so here it is!

This isn't a piece which is meant to strengthen my creativity or anything. I was strictly replicating a photo reference. I used the eyedropper tool to get the exact colors from the photo and putting them on my drawing so while I wasn't creatively coming up with color choices I was able to see and acknowledge the many different shades. Who knew there were so many shades in one cheek or shoulder?! :) So I think it was still pretty helpful. And fun!





















I also did a "Step-by-step" thing as I went in case any of you would like to see that. (I also did it just because I thought it was interesting for my own benefit, but I will share it with you :) )




1 comment: