Friday, June 1, 2012

Digital Illustration: Book of Mormon Assignment

My final project for my Digital Illustration 1 class is to illustrate a scene from a Book of Mormon story.  I really enjoyed the process of choosing a story, working out the design/composition/style, and then seeing it come together in Photoshop!  (have I mentioned how much I like Photoshop before?)

 I've realized since the beginning of this class (when we were only using Illustrator) that I really like the more simplified, graphic style.  So I chose to illustrate this story in that style-- which would be most applicable to children's  book illustration or possibly editorial illustration.

I chose to illustrate a scene from the Jaredite's journey across the ocean.  I've always thought that this sounded like the worst way to travel I've ever heard of.  I mean, being in a little, sealed boat with people and animals and supplies being rocked back and forth and flipped around for almost an entire year!  But even with all of that they never stopped praying and thanking and praising God.  I think that is amazing and shows so much humility, gratitude, and faith.  Way to go Jaredites!  You're awesome!  ...before you destroyed each other of course...


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment