Friday, June 29, 2012

Digital Illustration: Fortune Assignment and Mythology

One of the assignments for my Digital Illustration class was to illustrate a fortune from a fortune cookie.  It seemed simple enough, but we were supposed to illustrate it in a conceptual way rather than in a narrative way.  I hadn't realized how much I depend on a straightforward narrative! This project gave me some trouble at first which is why I haven't posted it until now-- I was reworking it.  But I am finally satisfied and so I present it to you!


"Laughter is medicine for the soul"


























I also got in a mythological artistic craze today after seeing the beautiful work of Svetlin Vassilev (look at his work HERE at his website).  Obviously I have a different style and my skills are much less developed, but I was pretty pleased with how my digital painting turned out.


Selene- Greek Goddess of the Moon 
(with all her chariot-pulling... moon... oxen...)


No comments:

Post a Comment