Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Digital Illustration 2: Head Study (black and white)

Hello world! It is the beginning of a new semester full of art! Hooray!!! I am taking Advanced Figure Drawing from Bob Barrett (who is awesome-- I feel honored to be in his presence every class period) and Digital Illustration 2.  So expect a bunch of posts to be coming your way this semester.

 Digital Illustration is going to be really helpful because my teacher is having us create digital art that has a "painterly" feel.  So basically I have to let go of my cartoony, flat color shapes, colored line-work style and try making my art look super legit and like a painting.  Hello highly rendered drawings!  This first assignment is about getting practice with using brushes, shading, and color.  We are supposed to be creating three head studies: one in black and white, one in a monochromatic palette, and one in full-color.  This is the first part of the assignment.  I was nervous about it, but I really liked the way it turned out!  I hope you do too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment