Sunday, September 30, 2012

Digital Illustration 2: Master Copy Assignment

So the assignment we just finished for my Digital Illustration class was more of an exercise rather than anything creative.  We were supposed to find a digital piece of art online that we really liked and then do our best to recreate it exactly.  Let me tell you-- if I wasn't already super impressed by all the amazing art out there I certainly am now!  This was hard.  And of course I picked a piece that had lots of figures (I just can't stay away from that) and a crazy color scheme.  The lighting and coloring is beautiful but made for some super wacky skin tones.  It was a really helpful lesson in color for me so I'm really glad we did it.  Overall I'm pretty pleased with the result!


My Copy

Original by the fabulous Shelly Wan (see more of her work here: http://www.eidolonfinearts.com/shelly_wan )

1 comment: