Friday, October 19, 2012

Advanced Figure Drawing: Weeks Seven and Eight

This post has the last two weeks of art (although it may not look like much because we pretty much only had really long sustained poses) because last week I didn't want to carry my art pad home and, consequently, didn't take any pictures of my drawings.  I broke my toe two weeks ago and walking was a bit hard so that's my excuse. :) Anyway, here are some drawings!


The hand I drew in the sustained, full-body pose would not turn out right so I tried drawing it separately and I felt much better about it (pesky hands!)

Gesture!!!

This was an interesting pose because of the lighting.  I think it was a good exercise to try drawing someone where there was so much left in darkness.


But the problem with a pose like the one above is that I got to a point where I didn't know what else to do rather quickly. So, as always, I drew a boy in class!

This is my self-portrait assignment for the midterm for this class.  Teachers seem to really like assigning self-portraits.  Which are frustrating. But also helpful because, after having done so many, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment