Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Digital Illustration 2: Beauty and the Beast Illustration

Our first illustration for Digital Illustration 2 was due yesterday and I am pretty relieved that it's done. I did enjoy this assignment quite a bit... ...at the very end. haha The assignment was "Beauty and the Beast" which was a way for my teacher to give us a little direction (at least two contrasting figures) while still pretty much giving us free-reign.  It took me until halfway through the allotted time to work on this before I even came up with an idea that a) met the requirement b) wasn't dumb c) I was actually interested/exited about.  So I was crunched for time, but it was alright because I finally felt good about the assignment. Hooray!

I decided to portray the Salem Witch Trials.  I think the history of that time period is pretty fascinating and disturbing. You could say that the witch is the beast, or that the accuser himself is the beast, or you could say that fear/superstition and hate are the beast.  It's up to you.  I feel like I learned a lot about composition and color during this assignment and, even though I know there are things I could improve, overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment