Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Illustration 3: Star Wars

I am taking the Illustration 3 class right now.  It is an acrylic-based course.  Acrylics have been a bit of a struggle, but I feel much more confident using them now than I did at the beginning of the semester.

One of our assignments was to illustrate a vehicle used in another time or place.  Obviously the vehicle I decided to paint was an X-wing fighter.  I completely dedicate this piece to my mother for instilling in me a life-long love of all things Star Wars.  

Part of the assignment was to incorporate texture.  I used acrylic matte medium on the x-wing and death star areas and created texture by dabbing the wet medium with a paper towel and scraping it with the end of my paintbrush.  It created a cool effect!  I am quite pleased with how it turned out.



1 comment: