Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Illustration 3: The Tailor

Another assignment we have had in my Illustration 3 class is to do an illustration of either a tinker, a tailor, a soldier, or a spy in a precarious situation.  I chose a tailor.  Most of the people in my class who chose a tailor seemed to create slightly comical images of them all tangled up in their thread or something.  I decided to illustrate a Jewish tailor in WWII era Germany being forced with his fellow Jews out of their homes.  It was a little darker than the other themes.  But I still wanted it to be a more innocent-looking illustration-- such as one that could be found in a children's book.  It was also supposed to have an analogous color scheme.

I did my line drawing with pen, scanned it, and printed it out on Arches cold-press paper.  I then painted the whole thing in acrylics, scanned it into photoshop where I added some patterns and touched up some areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment