Sunday, April 8, 2012

Figure Drawing: Week Twelve

This week was all about costume! As usual, we had some gesture-time at the beginning of class and I actually had quite a few gestures that I liked. We then we had two really long poses focusing on costume. It was hard! Hopefully next week (the last day of class!) I can churn out some drawings that I think are really successful so I can end this semester on a high note! :)








We had one sustained pose for the whole class period (so like 2-2.5 hours). Those are always crazy! After about an hour or so I've completely run out of things to do with my drawing. Oh well-- it's a good learning tool I guess.





The last picture is blurry (sorry about that) so I included the closer-up version that came out more clearly.







This was the other really long sustained pose we did. This one was particularly difficult because the dress that the model was wearing was very heavy and didn't really have any distinct folds to draw. So it ended up looking pretty flat. I wasn't too happy with it so I decided to experiment with different mediums and styles for the rest of the pose.




I decided to move away from the realism I was attempting with the last one and decided to go for a more stylized approach with this quick charcoal version.




I reverted to graphite for this one. Graphite is just such a good, old friend.




This one was done in Conte (my preference for gestures and such) in the last two minutes before class got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment