Friday, April 27, 2012

Digital Illustration: Self Portrait

I am taking Digital Illustration 1 during Spring term right now and so far I love it a lot! I thought I would. :) I have taken the basic Photoshop and Illustrator 2-day class through the library but besides that (and a brief introduction to Photoshop by from my friend when I got it) I'm pretty much self-taught. So having an official class is really great and I am excited to be able to improve my digital art skills!

The first assignment is supposed to be done entirely in Illustrator. Illustrator is much more difficult for me so far and I'm struggling a little bit with it. We are supposed to do a self-portrait that not only shows our physical characteristics, but shows something about us as well. I decided to represent that I always have songs in my head-- my mind is pretty much a jukebox. There are definitely pros and cons to that. haha So music is a big part of me-- because of that and just because I love it!

So here is what I have so far. I will turn this in on Tuesday, get feedback from my teacher, and have the final done on Thursday. (Spring term is so quick!) I will post what the final ends up looking like, but I am quite happy about this so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment