Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Here are the Inktober drawings I did on days three and four from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. 


I decided to stick with the more cartoony style that I used in the Neville drawing from the end of the first book for the rest of my drawings.  This portrait of Gilderoy Lockhart (holding up a portrait of himself) was fun to do! I was still trying to figure out how to ink in things like his robe, without covering up details in the design-- it's tricky not being able to do gradient shading like I'm used to.  Also, after this drawing, I realized that I was going to have to start taking my husband's advice and draw BIGGER! This whole drawing is only about 2 square inches, so it was really difficult to ink in small details like the words and portrait on the Travels with Trolls book.
Day Three: "Five-time Winner"

Gotta love the singing valentine from Ginny Weasley! Poor Harry is so embarrassed. :D It was fun revisiting this scene-- it's one of my favorites, but since it's not in the movies I had almost forgotten about it.
Day Four: "Eyes As Green As a Fresh Pickled Toad"


No comments:

Post a Comment