Monday, November 6, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 2)

And finally, here are the last drawings I did for Inktober from book seven, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  This has been a great experience participating in this drawing challenge. I feel like I improved and learned a lot, and I am more motivated now to keep up the habit of creating art regularly again! While I won't be doing a drawing every single day like this (it's been a bit exhausting haha), I hope to be posting art on this blog a lot more now.  :)


This drawing gave me another chance to do some character design. I'm not very familiar with drawing mythical creatures, so it was a bit challenging. I was please with how Griphook turned out!
Day 29: “Well, I need some help Griphook... I need to break into a Gringotts vault.”

Oh how I love Neville Longbottom! haha The idea of him and Professor Sprout fighting the Death Eaters with Mandrakes and other magical plants is hilarious and perfect. I had forgotten about this scene, so I was glad this was on my assigned page for the day!
Day 30: “‘Mandrakes!’ Neville bellowed at Harry over his shoulder as he ran. ‘Going to lob them over the walls— the Death Eaters won’t like this!’”

I wasn't sure how I wanted to do this final drawing. I could have shown the destruction from the Battle of Hogwarts, or shown the trio in Dumbledore's office or with the other survivors. But I thought that Harry, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley all deserved a peaceful rest in the Gryffindor Common Room after all they had been through. It seemed like a great way to end.
Day 31: “The End”
“‘And quite honestly,’ said Harry, thinking now only of the four-poster bed lying waiting for him in Gryffindor Tower, and wondering whether Kreacher might bring him a sandwich there, ‘I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime.’”

2 comments:

  1. Harry with Griphook is another perfect one. :) Also I love Harry's sleeping smile in the last one. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Griphook drawing was surprisingly one of my favorites too. And yes, I really wanted Harry to look peaceful and happy-- he's earned a little peace and contentment after everything!

      Delete