Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings From Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (part 1)

During the drawings for book five, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I started actually looking up reference photos to really get the poses, anatomy, and settings/objects to look more accurate. I think it really helped!

As you can imagine, there were quite a few drawings from this book since it's so huge. haha So here are just the first few:


Ahh the Dursleys. I was happy that I had a chance to draw them, but it was a bit tricky. I had to look up the physical descriptions for them so I didn't just end up drawing them according to how they look in the movies. I had almost forgotten that Uncle Vernon Dursley had black hair and a black mustache! Aunt Petunia and Dudley were difficult for the same reasons, but overall I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!
Day 14: "And why have you been expelled?"

So many freckles! haha I definitely relied on reference photos to make sure I got the hands correct on this one, and it payed off.  I also referred to my previous drawing of Fred and George Weasley to try and make sure they looked the same.  I've been working on continuity with my character designs from drawing to drawing-- it's something I really want to improve on.  Poor Ron, we're not ALWAYS surprised when you get an award! ;)
Day 15: "No one in their right mind would make Ron a Prefect"

Note: people look really weird when they are riding broomsticks. haha I'm glad I got a page that gave me the chance to draw some Quidditch! Even if this particular practice was rather lousy.  I also liked getting to draw a less well-known character like Angelina Johnson.
Day 16: "Worst Practice Ever"

2 comments:

  1. I thought you did a great job drawing the players on their broomsticks. I thought they looked really natural--especially Angelina, with her back a little hunched. Am I wrong? X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I think that people look kind of awkward and silly on broomsticks no matter what haha, but I'm glad to hear that they look as natural as possible!

      Delete