Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings From Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (part 1)

Here is the first half of the drawings for book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:


It was very nice to get to start this book by drawing Molly Weasley taking care of Harry at The Burrow, since the last book ended with such a sad drawing of him.
Day 21: "Thank You, Mrs. Weasley"
Once again I had the chance to draw all the headmaster portraits in Dumbledore's office as he and Harry explore Voldemort's memories in the pensieve, but this time the portraits are "sleeping". :) This drawing made me realize again how much I need to practice drawing furniture/backgrounds.  But I was pretty happy with how Dumbledore turned out!
Day 22: "Sir... is it important to know all this about Voldemort's past?"

Sassy Harry for the win! I wanted to make sure that Harry's expression towards Scrimgeour was properly intense and furious. That "I must not tell lies" scar pretty much speaks for itself, though!
Day 23: "I haven't forgotten, Minister... the Ministry wasn't so keen to be pals last year."

1 comment: