Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (part 2)

It was interesting that my last two drawings for book 6, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, showed Harry with polar opposite emotions-- exuberant confidence (from the lucky Felix Felicis potion) and completely shocked grief.


Drawing and trying to shade this greenhouse was more difficult than I had planned for, but getting to draw Harry's jaunty little walk more than made up for it. haha And I was quite please with how my depiction of Horace Slughorn turned out as well-- I think it looks a lot like how I picture him.
Day 24: "Liquid Luck: 'It seemed clear to Harry that this was a whim on which he should act, so he directed his feet immediately toward the vegetable patch, where was pleased, but not altogether surprised, to find Professor Slughorn...'"


This drawing was hard for a lot of reasons.  I wasn't sure how to best draw Dumbledore's death at the Astronomy Tower and Harry's grief without it being too graphic, but so that you could still tell what was happening.  The poses were definitely tricky, and I relied on reference photos quite heavily (which helped a lot-- I highly recommend using reference!).
Day 25: "He did not want to move anywhere... Then another voice said, 'Harry, come on.' A much smaller and warmer hand had enclosed his and was pulling him upward."


No comments:

Post a Comment