Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings From Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (part 2)

...And here are the last two drawings from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!


Both of these drawings were of tasks from the Triwizard Tournament-- so that was fun!  I think I really hit a breakthrough of sorts with this drawing of a Great Lake merman from the second task. Part of the reason that I think it turned out so well is that (for the first time) it's more than half a page in size! A lot of my early drawings for Inktober were suuuper tiny, and it made it impossible to put this much detail in it.  Because it was so big, I was able to add the "captive" Ron, Hermione, Gabrielle Delacour, and Cho Chang in the background.  Also, mermaids in Harry Potter are pretty cool-looking.  This guy in particular was really fun to draw!
Day 12: "We Do Not Help"

I'm not super happy with this drawing of the Triwizard Cup, but they can't all be my favorite I guess! I've never drawn a hedge maze before (go figure, right?) and I realized that I had no idea how to do it. But rather than look up photos to use as a reference, I just tried to make it up. It turned out okay, but I decided to stop being lazy and really use references in the future. But that being said, I like the spider legs coming up over the top... ;)
Day 13: "Cedric Was Going to Get There First"

No comments:

Post a Comment