Sunday, November 5, 2017

Inktober 2017: Drawings From Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (part 2)

These are the rest of the drawings from book 5, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:


I had waaay too much fun with this drawing of Hagrid and Madam Maxime trying to blend in while in France. haha It's almost certainly not "canonical", but I couldn't resist. :D
Day 17: "Secret Giant-Hunting Expedition"
 "We was pretendin' we was goin' on holiday together... 'cause Olympe and me, we stick out a bit... so we had ter be careful."

Ahh... poor Harry and Cho Chang. It certainly didn't last long once they actually went on a date. While it may have started on a good note, that Madam Puddifoot Valentine's Day excursion was a total disaster.
Day 18: "The Beginning of the End With Cho"

This drawing of Hagrid with Harry and Hermione was done pretty quickly because I had family in town-- so the proportions and scale are not as accurate as I would like them to be. And that singular, unshaded tree is supposed to indicate that they are in the Forbidden Forest. haha Oh well! This is a lesson to never blindly agree to do something for someone-- you may end up babysitting a half-giant named Grawp.
Day 19: "Of course we'll help you! What do you want us to do? (aka: Meeting Grawp)"

This drawing was so sad to do. I tried to convey both numb shock and grief in Harry's expression after the death of Sirius Black.  I think all the oblivious headmaster portraits in Dumbledore's office staring at him helps make Harry look/feel even more alone.
Day 20: "There was a terrible hollow inside him... a dark hole where Sirius had been."

2 comments:

  1. I am so curious... Did you somehow change Hermione's chin in the Grawp one? X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curse your observation skills, Tia! ;) Yes-- I will admit that I edited this one in Photoshop before posting it here. I did it very quickly and the skewed proportions were driving me crazy. I made Hermione taller (she looked like a little kid originally) and adjusted her face size/shape slightly. Good catch!

      Delete